How to Use Gestalt KeyLogger
The content of this article:
- Download and install.
- Launching the program and reviewing the main program window.
- Menu in the tray.
- Report window.
- Settings window.
- Limitations of unregistered copy of the program.
- Registration of the program.
1. Download and install.
Download the latest version of Gestalt KeyLogger and run it. The installation wizard opens, which installs the program on your computer.
Go through all the installation steps and run the program itself.
2. Launching the program and reviewing the main program window.
After starting Gestalt KeyLogger, the main program window will appear.Main program window
In the middle part of the window is a report with the start time of the program, the beginning and end of the recording.
At the bottom there is a row of 6 buttons:
- "Start recording" - this button starts recording keystrokes on the keyboard. If the button is highlighted (as now in the screenshot), then keystrokes are recorded. Automatic start of recording at program start is configured in the "Settings" window.
- "Stop recording" - stops recording keyboard keys.
- "Show report" - this button opens a window with a report of the pressed keyboard keys.
- "Settings" - this button opens the settings window.
- "Additional" - this button shows an additional pop-up menu.
- "Stop and exit" - this button stops recording and exits the program.
3. Menu in the tray.
When launched, Gestalt KeyLogger places its icon in the tray. Open the pop-up menu in the tray, find the icon and right-click on it. A popup menu will appear:Tray menu
4. Report window.
There are 2 ways to show a window with a report of keystrokes:
- In the main window, click the "Show report" button.
- Call the pop-up menu in the tray and click on the menu item "Show report".
A window appears with a report of the keys pressed on the keyboard:Report window
At the top of the window is a calendar. Below is a table with a report of the pressed buttons. This table has 3 columns:
- "Date and time" - date and time of each new event
- "Window title" - the title of the window in which each event occurred
- "Keystroke" - the keys on the keyboard that were pressed
When you select a date on the calendar, the report will change for each selected date.
5. Settings window.
To open the settings window, click the "Settings" button in the main window.
A window will appear:Settings window
6. Limitations of unregistered copy of the program.
Restriction of an unregistered version of the program: shows a report only for the last 10 days.
7. Registration of the program.
Mar 20, 2018
Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium doloremqe laudant tota rem ape riamipsa eaque.